J. Carl Berrien Scholarship
For students pursuing degrees in law.
Julian Carl Berrien was a hard-working man of faith and integrity who was a member of the Nicholson Revell Law Firm for 30 years. He was a devoted husband, wonderful father, and a doting grandfather. He was loyal, reliable, dependable, and honest; a man of extraordinary character who young men and women would do well to model themselves after.
Carl was an enthusiastic employee who took great pride in carrying out his duties and assignments with our firm. As a courier for the firm, he made sure that vital legal documents were filed in a timely fashion at the courthouse. Having worked in the community for 30 years, Carl got to know most people at the Richmond and Columbia County Courthouses. He was truly a man of the people and was loved by those he encountered.
Our firm owes a tremendous amount of its success to Carl, and we are proud to honor his love of the law and his service to our office by awarding a young African American student pursuing a degree in law with a $1,500 scholarship.
- A legal US citizen
- African American
- A legal resident of the state of Georgia or South Carolina
- Demonstrate high moral qualities
- Have earned a cumulative high school or college GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have been accepted to a four-year accredited college or university to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree in law
- Enrolled as a full-time student
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service
- Preference will be given to:
- A student attending a college or university in the state of Georgia or South Carolina
Award Amount: $1,500
Scholarships Available: One
- Each Applicant will be required to write a one-page essay. The topic is, “What contributions do you hope to make to the legal community and why?”
July 31, 2020, at 5 p.m. ET.
Send applications to:
Nicholson Revell, LLP
4137 Columbia Road
Augusta, GA 30907